Henry is building on the strength of Astro's unrivalled reach and engagement with 77% of Malaysian households, 16.7 million listeners and 9.3 million unique visitors on digital platforms to transform Astro into a content and consumer company utilising data and digital technology. Prioritising the customer, his aim is to redefine the customer to that of a privileged member to whom the best commerce, competitive broadband connectivity and a world of rewards will be available.
Henry continues to champion vernacular, Nusantara and Asian originals, from film to TV to digital, to ensure consumer relevance, reach and engagement. He believes in the potential of Malaysian movies and was instrumental in the success of 7 of Malaysia’s top 10 films.
He spearheaded many firsts and breakthroughs, including:
- Introducing high definition (HD) and 4K UHD
- NJOI, the free satellite multichannel service
- Astro First, cinema in your home service
- eGG, regional eSports channel
- Boo, Asian horror channel
- Digital vernaculars, Gempak and Awani platforms
- Local Hua Hee Hokkien entertainment and Malay Lawak comedy brands
He was responsible for the Group's airtime sales and Chairman of Go Shop, Astro's home-shopping and eCommerce service, and led the Group in achieving an increase in share of TV viewership from 43% to 73%, share of TV Adex from 27% to 47% and share of radio Adex from 53% to 80% in the past 5 years.